March 17th, 2018

current progress

This morning I went back through the fifth chapter of my current GURPS book, finalizing some changes based on discussion with the line editor, and cutting some redundant text. I'm currently up to 31 pages, which was how long my original outline called for. However, I have more to write on two chapters, and one that I've hardly begun. Happily, I've gotten approval to make it a longer book. I'm looking to add maybe 9 more pages before I turn in the first draft.

This book is being very enjoyable to write, because it calls for a lot of research and it gives me a chance to expand some existing rules and provide alternate versions of others. I've been interested in its subject for more than a decade, since I ran across a couple of books at the SDSU library while researching a different subject entirely.